Looking for Local Storage Units in Wiltshire?
Living on a small island means space is at a premium, and this is nowhere more obvious than in the storage industry. The UK is the largest market in Europe with 47% of all storage facilities located in the British Isles. We now have over 1,500 self storage sites, providing 44.7million ft². That may sound like a lot but it serves less than 10% of the population, and demand is growing fast.
A Self Storage Solution in Wiltshire
Schepens self storage in Wiltshire offers a typical snapshot of the many ways in which these local facilities are now used. We’re constantly surprised by the sheer range of reasons why people need storage, but these are the 5 most frequent requests we receive:
- Moving House. A recent report from the Self Storage Association showed that 39% of storage is the result of a move. Occasionally this is to do with downsizing. More often, it’s about clients who are marrying for a second time and find themselves overwhelmed with the contents of two houses.
- Business Storage. Businesses now account for 42% of storage use. Many of our business clients need somewhere to store their seasonal stock. Others need a secure space to keep filing cabinets which need to be archived. Most recently, we’ve been hearing from a number of self-employed clients who have used vans to store tools and equipment over night, but now need more secure storage.
- Huge Hobbies. We have a number of clients who have hobbies which have outgrown their homes. We often help out sports enthusiasts, drummers who can’t say ‘no’ to another kit, and enthusiasts who need an extra room to house their prize collection. Over the years we’ve stored books, comics, antiques, works of art, and vintage clothing!
- Working or Living Overseas. Many of our clients spend time abroad, and choose to store furniture and household items whilst they’re away. Self storage provides an excellent solution because they’re able to access their goods easily and conveniently. They can also rest easy, knowing that items securely looked after, in a controlled environment.
- Student Storage. If you have children at university, you’ll know how their possessions accumulate alarmingly over the 3 years of study! Local self storage provides an extra room throughout the summer vacation. Everything is easy to access, 6 days a week, and the contract is flexible.
How Do Local Storage Units in Wiltshire Work?
At Schepens Self Storage we try to keep self storage simple and flexible. You tell us what you want to store, and for how long. We provide an appropriately sized storage unit on a flexible contract, directly to your door. Our BAR trained packing team can help to pack up your goods, and we’ll create a detailed inventory of your stored items. Once the inventory is signed off, we seal your storage unit and transport it to your local facility.
Schepens Storage Facilities in Wiltshire
We know how important it is to clients to know that their goods are carefully looked after in storage. All storage units are subject to 24 hour CCTV and strict access controls.