Looking for Storage in Southampton?
Southampton has a resident population of around a quarter of a million, and a floating population that far exceeds that. It’s a cruise city, a tourist destination, an historic port, a university city, and it has an airport. Each year thousands of tourists, students and visitors converge on this ancient shipping port which means space in the city centre is at a premium.
There are cities right across the UK that, like Southampton, are in desperate need of extra space. And storage sites are providing the solution. Self storage is popular with businesses, retail, homeowners, students, overseas visitors, and local collectors and archivists. There are currently around 1,505 self storage sites across the UK, providing approximately 44.6 million square feet of space.
What is Self Storage in Southampton?
Industry statistics show that the storage sector is growing rapidly. At present only 46% of the population are taking advantage of local facilities, and sites are expanding to facilitate anticipated growth. Locally accessible self storage is a popular solution for anyone requiring a safe, secure environment for their goods. There are numerous reasons for using Southampton self storage, including:
• House Move. Many of our clients are moving to a smaller house, or planning to start a new life with a new partner and two sets of children. Being able to move the excess furniture into local storage until you decide what to do with it is a great option.
• Student Storage. Students generally move a few times in the course of their studies, and they tend to grow their possessions as they go. Many find student storage in Southampton a cost effective way to keep books, or research materials, nearby without taking up valuable living space.
• Retail Storage. Shop keepers have to buy seasonal stock in advance, but they often have nowhere on their premises to store it. Local self storage in Southampton ensures a clean, secure environment which they can access 6 days a week.
• Business Storage. More and more businesses are using storage to keep their paper-based archives safe and secure. Filing cabinets are large, unwieldy pieces of furniture to manage. Business storage takes paper documents off site, whilst ensuring absolute 24 hour security.
• Ad Hoc Storage. Individuals store their winter or summer clothes in our facilities. Sports enthusiasts store kayaks, or the team kit. Collectors store magazines, stamps, and teddy bears. Bands store instruments. The potential for storage is endless.
Simple Self Storage From Schepens
Self storage is a great idea. And part of its genius is the simplicity of the solution it offers. Schepens Self Storage is committed to offering Sotonians a simple and flexible way to create space in their lives. All clients need to do is call and tell us what they want to store, for how long. If circumstances change, so can the terms.
We’ll deliver your appropriately sized self storage container to your door. If you want help with packing, we’ll provide it. Otherwise, we can supply professional packing materials. We’ll create an inventory, which we’ll ask you to sign off. Then your container will be sealed and securely transported to a local Schepens self storage site.
Secure, climate controlled storage in Southampton
All our sites are secured using 24 hour CCTV, individual access key codes, and regular physical inspections. No-one has access to your storage container but you. The environment is monitored and controlled. We maintain the ideal temperature and humidity for your goods. Clients can access the site using a key code 6 days a week.