Looking for a Storage Facility Southampton?
As a port city, Southampton has always been a hub for merchants, sailors and passengers journeying to and from countries across the globe. Now the dynamism of the city tends to be defined by a shifting student population, businesses moving in and out of the region and start-ups at the beginning their commercial journey. Whatever the mode and purpose of the journey Southampton has always been characterised and energised by people ‘on the move’.
Storage Facilities for People on the Move
Self storage hardly existed until the 1980s in the UK but over the past 50 years the industry has experienced phenomenal growth. There are now around 1,500 storage facilities across the country, and no sign of growth slowing down. So why are they so popular? There are lots of possible answers. Our lives are less ‘settled’, our work is less rooted, and our kids are less grounded. We’re now a society on the move, and we need somewhere to stow our goods whilst we travel.
Schepens Provides Local Storage Facilities in Southampton
Whilst we can’t speak for the country, our local storage facilities in Southampton tell a story of the varied and changing needs of the population. Here’s just a sample of the kinds of storage we’re currently providing:
- Collections Gone Wild – we’re custodians to more than one fascinating collections that started out as a hobby and grew to alarming proportions.
- Globe-trotting – Millennials no longer consider themselves tied to one country. The digital revolution allows them to work anywhere – and they leave their belongings with us.
- Creating the Paperless Office – it’s an aspiration we’ve helped more than one business achieve, by storing their paper archives.
- Liberating the Guest Room – as the traditional family unit gives way to a more fluid arrangement, you home needs to be a more flexible space anticipating change.
- Stockpiling – retailers need to carry stock but they often lack storage. We have containers in which Christmas goes on all year round!
The Requirement for a Secure Storage Facility Southampton
A secure, climate controlled storage facility is critical in order to facilitate the diverse storage requirements of our Southampton clients. To this end, our premises are comprehensively secured using 24 hr CCTV cameras, and unique access codes. The climate is maintained at a steady temperature and humidity in order to provide the ideal conditions for the goods we look after.
Door-to-Door Storage Facility
If busy lives, on the go, is the context for self storage, then it needs to be simple to access. At Schepens we have a four step approach:
- You tell us what you want to store, and when. We provide an appropriately sized container, to your door, on the day you specify.
- Our BAR trained packers can help you to load your container, or we’ll provide you with durable packing materials.
- Once your container is packed, it’s transported securely to your local Schepens storage facility.
- You have access 6 days a week, using your unique access code.